Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year Activities and Celebration! Happy 2014!!!


Happy 2014!!!!

New Year Activities and Celebration!



Fireworks (straw painting)

 

I did this with my K1 class and it was a lot of fun and easy to make. I cut up straws in various lengths and the give my students different color of paint. All they needed to do was to create their own fireworks on black construction paper. We saw some different and unique fireworks in the class!










Taipei 101 Fireworks (pipe cleaner stamping)


This is also another way to make fireworks and it looks great! I saw this idea from a teacher's blog and it worked very well. I needed to make the fireworks stamps with pipe cleaners first. I could even make it into a ring. Then I added some glitter to different color of paint. The children used the fireworks stamps (made from pipe cleaners) and stamped them onto the black construction paper. On the second day of our project, I asked them to cut out their own Taipei 101 from colored paper and they also put 2014 on their project!

 











Science experiment (Fireworks in the water)


The ingredients I used for this experiment are water, oil, clear container and food coloring. Since it's the new year and we've been talking a lot about fireworks, I thought it would be fun to water some fireworks in the water. I had a clear jug and filled up 2/3 with warm water. Then I had another container and added some oil. The next step is to added a few drops of different colors of food coloring and mixed it with a spoon. The last step is to pour the mixture in the water. You have to wait a bit for the colors to start moving in the water. The children were amazed looking at how the colors moved. 
 
 








New Year Photo Booth props


I got my photo booth props printables from here http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Photo-Booth-Calendar-with-Props-Gift-book-1032741 . It was a really cute idea for new year pictures. All I did was print out the pictures and asked the children to color them, then I cut them out and added straws to the pictures! Now they can pose for new year pictures with these adorable props!!
 










No comments:

Post a Comment