Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Previous fun projects

 
 
Previous Fun Projects

I've found some pictures of some fun class projects we did before^^

1. Community Helpers: After spending a whole month on Community helpers and their duties. They students were familiar with each occupation. Then I wanted to make a class project together, so everyone could choose the type of job they want to do or interested in. I printed out some coloring pages for them to color in the bodies and I put the pictures of their heads onto the bodies. They turned out great and the children were really happy about the poster.
 

2. Solar System: The solar system was a fun unit to teach as well. It's true when people say “You teach, you learn.” I didn't know too much about the solar system until I taught the class. My K3 (aged 5yrs~6yrs) showed a lot of interests in this topic and they learned quickly! In our final week of this theme, we decided to make a class project to put in the classroom. We made each planet with aluminum foil. We rolled them into different sizes to represent different planet. Then we had the children painting the planets. By this time, they already know quite a lot about them. I hung the planets from the ceiling and it was great artwork by the class!
 

3. Ocean life: In this theme, we learned about the creatures in the ocean and everyone seems really excited about it. After learning about the ocean life, we made another class project together. We chose 8 sea animals and I sketched and cut them out. I had two kids painting the same sea animal, then we stuff newspaper between them to make them appear 3D. I stapled them together after stuffing them with newspaper, then I hung them from the ceiling! We turned our classroom into an underwater world! ^^
 



 

 
 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment